We would like to begin by acknowledging the traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee, Anishinabewaki, Mississauga, and Attiwonderonk territories on which ChargerCrew operates
We recognize that we are gathered on the ancestral lands of the Indigenous peoples who have been stewards of this land for generations. This acknowledgment is an important step towards reconciliation and an opportunity to learn from the rich history and ongoing contributions of Indigenous communities.
We acknowledge that Ontario is home to numerous Indigenous nations, including the Anishinaabe (Ojibwe, Odawa, Potawatomi), Haudenosaunee (Iroquois), Wendat, and Métis peoples. This land has a rich and complex history, with a cultural tapestry that predates the arrival of settlers.
We also recognize that many Indigenous nations and communities continue to thrive in Ontario today. They have preserved their traditions, languages, and connections to the land. We honour the traditional knowledge, resilience, and spirit of these communities.
At ChargerCrew, we are committed to building meaningful relationships with Indigenous communities and working towards reconciliation. We acknowledge that reconciliation is an ongoing journey, and we are dedicated to taking steps to respect, protect, and support Indigenous peoples and their lands.
In recognition of this, we commit to:
- Learning and Listening: We will actively seek to learn from Indigenous communities, leaders, and knowledge keepers, and listen to their concerns and aspirations.
- Respecting Sovereignty: We respect the sovereignty of Indigenous nations and their right to self-determination.
- Engaging in Partnership: We will work towards establishing meaningful partnerships and collaborations with Indigenous organizations and businesses.
- Land and Resource Stewardship: We will strive to be responsible stewards of the land and natural resources in our operations, mindful of their impact on the environment and Indigenous communities.
- Promoting Inclusivity: We will create a workplace culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity, ensuring that Indigenous voices are heard and respected.
By acknowledging the traditional territory and committing to these principles, we hope to contribute to a more just and equitable future for all who call Ontario home. We are grateful for the opportunity to operate on this land, and we pledge to work towards a better, more inclusive, and more sustainable future together with Indigenous communities.